You are so gloriously powerful, my mighty God. You can do everything. And You have everything in Your hands. Space and time do not limit You. There is no star You do not know. There are no limits for You. You can do everything. And yet, no evil will ever come into our lives from You.
No horror comes from You.
There is no lie from You.
No pain comes from You.
No car accident comes from You.
There is no shipwreck from You.
No plane crash comes from You.
“Don’t be deceived, my dear brothers and sisters. Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows.” (James 1:16-17; NIV)
From you comes no I don’t know how to continue.
No I cannot carry on anymore.
There is no I have no strength left from You.
- Despair did not come from You when, in spite of better knowledge, I had chosen false loves.
- The cold loneliness did not come from You when I let myself be shot as far as Jupiter from the yellow pills and couldn’t find my way back.
- The emptiness didn’t come from You when I threatened to perish in the swamp of perversions.
There is no illness from You.
There is no sadness from You.
There is no lack from You.
From You comes no eviction letter.
From You comes no empty bank statement.
There is no hopelessness from You.
- No doctor comes from You who says: I’m sorry, there’s nothing more that we can do.
- No police officer comes from You and says: I am so sorry, but your child is dead.
- From you comes no I don’t love you anymore.
The devil pushes us down and then lies, pointing his finger at God: Him there; He did it!
And God? God says this in all the suffering. To me. And to you there in front of the screen. This is what your God tells you, through all tribulations, through all hardship, through all despair. This is what your God tells you: “Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have summoned you by name; you are mine. When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze. For I am the Lord your God, the Holy One of Israel, your Savior; I give Egypt for your ransom, Cush and Seba in your stead.” (God in Isaiah 43:1-3; NIV)