And then you accept Jesus as your Savior, because you yourself would never make it into heaven with your own efforts and your own works … here are five things that will not happen when you accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior.

“for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, 24 and all are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus.” (Romans 3:23-24)

1. The door flies open. And an angel orchestra is marching through your living room with drums and trumpets.
  2. The sky above you opens up and 4,530 harpists play Amazing Grace.
  3. A light, which until then has not been known, captures you and from now on illuminates your entire apartment — saving you electricity.
  4. You feel Jesus, you see God.
  5. It rains confetti from heaven.

Do not tell me that you have had an orchestra of angels march through your living room and throw confetti everywhere… I would be envious.

“Like newborn babies, crave pure spiritual milk, so that by it you may grow up in your salvation,” (1 Peter 2: 2)
Where do we find the ‘spiritual milk’? In the Bible. God’s Word makes our minds grow and thrive.

Of course, the most beautiful things can happen when we accept Jesus. But as a rule, our newborn-growth happens quietly and in an unspectacular way. And that does not mean anything bad.

‘But I don’t feel Jesus …’

If you do not see a light … do not feel Jesus … if you do not really notice a difference compared to your earlier life before you accepted Jesus, it doesn’t mean you are not saved. It just means you do not feel it. Consider this: feelings are part of our soul. Our soul is not reborn; “Only” our true self, our God-created spirit (Genesis 1:26, Genesis 2:7) is reborn at the moment when we accept Jesus as our Savior. And from there – if you “feed” your mind (Bible, read God’s living word) and cherish and nurture it – you begin your complete renewal.

We are on a spiritual journey. We can be certain that we are saved and go to heaven for eternity, but it is just a journey. Expect good things. Because God is good. And as a new-born Christian, you are the daughter of God or the Son of God. Forever.

Accepting Jesus? How? Like this: Say (if you prefer, in your own words): Jesus, I believe that You are the Son of God. I believe that You also died on the cross for me to take all my sins upon You. And I believe that You have risen from the dead, so that if I accept You as my Savior, I will live forever with God and You.
I’m sorry, Jesus, for what I’ve done. I really want to stop sinning.
I thank You for taking the punishment that I had earned for my sins so that I may be clean and white as snow forever before God. Come into my life, Jesus, and lead me on the path that God has for me. Thank You, Jesus.