Of course, the title is a lie. God’s calming closeness is not limited to 5 times in our lives, but God’s help, His comfort, His care, His provision extends over everything in our life. But I thought “5 events where God is with us” sounds more intriguing to you than if I had titled “God is always with us”.

That would have been more intriguing to me.
Sigh… But it doesn’t matter. You are here, now hopefully you will read the whole article.

God is with us

1. When we experience pain and loss
  2. When we are rejected, disregarded or misunderstood
  3. When we suffer material shortcomings
  4. When we are demonicly afflicted and are struggling to resist sinful temptations
  5. When we have yielded to the sinful temptations and sinned

So that there can be no misunderstanding at all, whether God is really with us, His glorious closeness was directly given to us in the name of Jesus: “And she will have a son, and you are to name him Jesus, for he will save his people from their sins. All of this occurred to fulfill the Lord’s message through his prophet: ‘Look! The virgin will conceive a child! She will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel, which means ‘God is with us.'” (Matthew 1:21-23; NLT)

God's Grace

Jesus not only rescues us and reconciles us with God, but God is always with us in and with Jesus.

“So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” (God in Isaiah 41:10; NIV)

The devil wants us to believe the fear-causing lie that God is somewhere far away in heaven, and we are left alone here on a lost outpost; helpless against the vicious demonic attacks. But nothing could be further from the truth. While we still live here, we are not only already citizens of God’s kingdom (Philippians 3:20), but also intimately linked supernaturally with God since the acceptance of Jesus as our Savior. This is what Jesus tells us shortly before his crucifixion and resurrection: “I will not leave you as orphans; I will come to you. Before long, the world will not see me anymore, but you will see me. Because I live, you also will live. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you.” (Jesus in John 14:18-20; NIV)

Jesus (who is 100% God and 100% man) knows what we are going through. And He knows (we do not yet as comprehensively, but we’re working on it by expanding our faith) that all the demons are defeated and cannot really hurt us (Luke 10:19).

Do not look at the temporary problems and obstacles that the devils and demons throw into your path. Look at Jesus, your Shepherd who loves you more than anything, who will guide you safely through and out of every valley.