- Man-made religion has spread a lot of false doctrines over the centuries. Remember, for example, that although Jesus gives us the forgiveness of our sins, expensive letters of indulgence have been sold. Or the hindrance of the spread of God’s Word, by hindering the translation of the Bible into the languages of the people.
- Man-made religion also says, for example, that women should not preach. Truth is, however: Throughout the centuries, God has repeatedly called women as prophets. • Men and women are absolutely equal to God. It’s not God’s fault that humans and their man-made religion say that women cannot preach to men and instruct them. But truth is: women preach. Religion says: Only to women and children. God says: Also to men. On which side do you stand?
- Man-made religion says God would punish and teach us with diseases. Biblical truth: There is not a single person whom Jesus had made sick. On the contrary, Jesus healed all who wanted to be healed. If diseases came from God, then Jesus would always have violated the will of God. And already in the oldest book of the Bible, the book of Job, we learn that the disease came from the devil; God heals, the devil makes you sick.
- Let us not forget who vehemently demanded the death of Jesus. Not the earthly, worldly power. Pilate said he found no fault with Jesus and wanted to free him. It was the theologians of religion who demanded the death of Jesus: “Take him away! Take him away!” the high priests shouted to Pilate, “Crucify him!” (John 19:15; NIV)
With God, there is no predestination. God, who is also love, offers salvation to every human being
With the theological concept of alleged predestination, man-made religion disputes and denies the glorious being of God, who loves all men more than they love themselves. What a malicious, self-complacent God He would be, if, as many theologians argue, He had predestined the fate of men from the beginning, and had decided who should go to heaven and who would endure the horrors of hell forever.
God is quite different from what man-made religion so often claims. God “who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.” (1 Timothy 2:4; NIV) What is the truth? The truth is Jesus (“grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” John 1:17; NIV). And the truth is: every human being can and should be saved according to God’s will. God does not push anyone into hell; there are people (also many theologians) who do not grasp the grace offered to them and reject God’s path of reconciliation.
- How can a loving God send people to hell? God does not send anyone to hell. People make the wrong choice
Jesus came for all men. God wants all men to be saved. It is people who, unfortunately, decide against it
Read what God says: The grace that came in as a man in God Jesus, is to bring salvation to all (!) people. “For the grace of God has appeared that offers salvation to all people.” (Titus 2:11; NIV) In another translation, the glory of the grace offered to us in Jesus isn’t lost: “For the grace of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men” (Titus 2:11, KJV)